Citations: 130. H-index: 4. (Scopus, 18 Feb 2017)
- A. Mantovanelli, S.R. Keating, L.R. Wyatt, M. Roughan and A. Schaeffer (submitted)
Eulerian and Lagrangian characterization of two counter-rotating submesoscale eddies in a western boundary current.
- A. Barthel, A. Hogg, S. Waterman and S.R. Keating (submitted).
Jet-topography interactions affect energy pathways to the deep Southern Ocean.
- X. Xiao, K.S. Smith and S.R. Keating (In revision).
The effect of surface buoyancy gradients on oceanic Rossby wave propagation. arXiv
Papers accepted or published
- M. Roughan, S.R. Keating, A. Schaeffer, P. Cetina Heredia, D. Griffin, R. Robertson,
C. Rocha, I.M. Suthers (2017).
A tale of two eddies: The bio-physical characteristics of two contrasting cyclonic eddies in the East Australian Current.
Accepted to J. Geophys. Res.
- A. Klocker, D.P. Marshall, S.R. Keating, and P.L.Read (2016).
A regime diagram for ocean geostrophic turbulence.
Q. J. Roy. Meteo. Soc. 142 (699): 2411-2417 link
- E. van Sebille, S. Waterman, A. Barthel, R. Lumpkin, S.R. Keating, C. Fogwill,
and C. Turney (2015).
Pairwise surface drifter dispersion in the Western Pacific Sector of the Southern Ocean.
J. Geophys. Res. 120 (10): 6769–6781 link
- S.R. Keating and K.S. Smith (2015).
Upper ocean flow statistics from superresolved sea-surface temperature images.
J. Geophys. Res. 120(2): 1197-1214. link
- D.W. Waugh, S.R. Keating and M.-L.Chen (2012).
Diagnosing ocean stirring: Comparison of relative dispersion and finite-time. Lyapunov exponents
J. Phys. Oceanogr. 42(7): 1173-1185 link
- S.R. Keating, A.J. Majda and K.S. Smith (2012).
New methods for estimating ocean eddy heat transport using satellite altimetry.
Monthly Weather Review 140(5): 1703-1722 link
- S.R. Keating, K.S. Smith and P. R. Kramer (2011).
Diagnosing lateral mixing in the upper ocean with virtual tracers: Spatial and temporal resolution dependence.
J. Phys. Oceanogr. 41(8): 1512-1534 link
- S.R. Keating, E.A Spiegel and M.G. Worster (2011).
Patterns of convection in solidifying binary solutions.
Geophys. Astrophys. Fluid Dyn. 105(2): 304-328 link
- S.R. Keating, P.R. Kramer and K.S. Smith (2010)
Homogenization and mixing measures for a replenishing passive scalar field.
Physics of Fluids, 22: 075105 link
- P.R. Kramer and S.R. Keating (2009)
Homogenization theory for a replenishing passive scalar field.
Chinese Annals of Mathematics, 50(5): 632-644 link
- S.R. Keating, L. J. Silvers, and P.H. Diamond (2008)
On cross-phase and the quenching of turbulent diffusion of magnetic fields in two dimensions.
Astrophys. J. Lett., 678, pp. 137-140 link
- S.R. Keating and P. H. Diamond (2008)
Turbulent resistivity in wavy 2D magnetohydrodynamic turbulence.
J. Fluid Mech. 595: 173-202 link
- S.R. Keating and P. H. Diamond (2007)
Turbulent diffusion of magnetic fields in two-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic turbulence with stable stratification.
Physical Review Letters, 99: 224502 link
- L. Sabetelli, S.R. Keating, J. Dudley & P. Richmond (2002)
Waiting times in financial markets.
Europhys. J. B, 27: 273-275 link