Citations: 447. H-index: 11. (Scopus, Aug 2022)
- D. Boettger, S.R. Keating , M. Banner, R. Morrison, X. Barthelémy. An energetic signature for breaking inception in surface gravity waves. (Submitted).
- D.E. Gwyther, S.R. Keating , C. Kerry and M. Roughan. How does 4DVar data assimilation affect the vertical representation of mesoscale eddies? A case study with OSSEs using ROMS v3.9. (Submitted).
Papers accepted or published
- D.E. Gwyther, C. Kerry, M. Roughan and S.R. Keating (2022). Observing system simulation experiments reveal that subsurface temperature observations improve estimates of circulation and heat content in a dynamic western boundary current. Geosci. Model Dev. Discuss. (Accepted). link.
- A. Barthel, A. McC. Hogg, S. Waterman and S.R. Keating (2022). Baroclinic control of Southern Ocean eddy upwelling near topography. Geophys. Res. Lett. 49(7): e2021GL097491. link
- M.C. Denes, G. Froyland and S.R. Keating (2022). Persistence and material coherence of a mesoscale ocean eddy. Phys. Rev. Fluids 7(3): 034501. link
- C.J. Shakespeare, A.H. Gibson, A.McC. Hogg, S.D. Bachman, S.R. Keating, N. Velzeboer (2021). A new open source implementation of Lagrangian filtering: A method to identify internal waves in high-resolution simulations. J. Adv. Modell. Earth Sys. 13(10): e2021MS002616. link
- A. Siripatana, C. Kerry, M. Roughan, J.M. Souza, S.R. Keating (2020). Assessing the impact of non-traditional ocean observations for prediction of the East Australian Current. J. Geophys. Res. Oceans 125 (12): e2020JC016580. link
- M. Archer, A. Schaeffer, S.R. Keating, M. Roughan, R. Holmes, L. Siegelman (2020). Observations of submesoscale instability within the mesoscale eddy field of the Tasman Sea. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 50 (5): 1509-1529. link
- Y. Li, T. McDougall, S.R. Keating, C. de Lavergne, G. Madec (2019). Horizontal Residual Mean: Addressing the limited spatial resolution of ocean models. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 49: 2741-2759. link
- P. Centina-Heredia, M. Roughan, E. van Sebille, S.R. Keating, G. Brassington (2019). Retention and leakage of water by mesoscale eddies in the East Australian Current system. J. Geophys. Res. 124 (4): 2485-2500. link
- M.R. Archer, S.R. Keating, M. Roughan, W.E. Johns, R. Lumpkin, F. Beron-Vera, L. K. Shay (2018). The kinematic similarity of two western boundary currents revealed by sustained high-resolution observations. Geophys. Res. Lett. 45 (12): 6176-6185 link (AGU Editors’ highlight)
- M. Archer, M. Roughan, S.R Keating and A. Schaeffer (2017). On the variability of the East Australian Current: jet structure, meandering, and influence on shelf circulation. J. Geophys. Res. Oceans. 122 (11): 8464–8481 link
- A. Barthel, A. Hogg, S. Waterman and S.R. Keating (2017). Jet-topography interactions affect energy pathways to the deep Southern Ocean. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 47: 1799–1816 link
- A. Mantovanelli, S.R. Keating, L.R. Wyatt, M. Roughan and A. Schaeffer (2017). Eulerian and Lagrangian characterization of two counter-rotating submesoscale eddies in a western boundary current. J. Geophys. Res. 122 (6): 4902-4921 link
- M. Roughan, S.R. Keating, A. Schaeffer, P. Cetina Heredia, D. Griffin, R. Robertson,
C. Rocha, I.M. Suthers (2017). A tale of two eddies: The bio-physical characteristics of two contrasting cyclonic eddies in the East Australian Current. J. Geophys. Res. 122 (3): 2494–2518 link
- A. Klocker, D.P. Marshall, S.R. Keating, and P.L.Read (2016). A regime diagram for ocean geostrophic turbulence. Q. J. Roy. Meteo. Soc. 142 (699): 2411-2417 link
- E. van Sebille, S. Waterman, A. Barthel, R. Lumpkin, S.R. Keating, C. Fogwill,
and C. Turney (2015). Pairwise surface drifter dispersion in the Western Pacific Sector of the Southern Ocean. J. Geophys. Res. 120 (10): 6769–6781 link
- S.R. Keating and K.S. Smith (2015). Upper ocean flow statistics from superresolved sea-surface temperature images. J. Geophys. Res. 120(2): 1197-1214. link
- D.W. Waugh, S.R. Keating and M.-L.Chen (2012). Diagnosing ocean stirring: Comparison of relative dispersion and finite-time. Lyapunov exponents. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 42(7): 1173-1185 link
- S.R. Keating, A.J. Majda and K.S. Smith (2012). New methods for estimating ocean eddy heat transport using satellite altimetry. Monthly Weather Review 140(5): 1703-1722 link
- S.R. Keating, K.S. Smith and P. R. Kramer (2011). Diagnosing lateral mixing in the upper ocean with virtual tracers: Spatial and temporal resolution dependence. J. Phys. Oceanogr. 41(8): 1512-1534 link
- S.R. Keating, E.A Spiegel and M.G. Worster (2011). Patterns of convection in solidifying binary solutions. Geophys. Astrophys. Fluid Dyn. 105(2): 304-328 link
- S.R. Keating, P.R. Kramer and K.S. Smith (2010) Homogenization and mixing measures for a replenishing passive scalar field. Physics of Fluids, 22: 075105 link
- P.R. Kramer and S.R. Keating (2009) Homogenization theory for a replenishing passive scalar field. Chinese Annals of Mathematics, 50(5): 632-644 link
- S.R. Keating, L. J. Silvers, and P.H. Diamond (2008) On cross-phase and the quenching of turbulent diffusion of magnetic fields in two dimensions. Astrophys. J. Lett., 678, pp. 137-140 link
- S.R. Keating and P. H. Diamond (2008) Turbulent resistivity in wavy 2D magnetohydrodynamic turbulence. J. Fluid Mech. 595: 173-202 link
- S.R. Keating and P. H. Diamond (2007) Turbulent diffusion of magnetic fields in two-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic turbulence with stable stratification. Physical Review Letters, 99: 224502 link
- L. Sabetelli, S.R. Keating, J. Dudley & P. Richmond (2002) Waiting times in financial markets. Europhys. J. B, 27: 273-275 link
- X. Xiao, K.S. Smith and S.R. Keating. The effect of surface buoyancy gradients on oceanic Rossby wave propagation. arXiv
- S.R. Keating (2008). Wavy magnetohydrodynamics. Doctoral thesis, University of California San Diego (USA).
- S.R. Keating (2007). Patterns of convection in mushy layers. Woods Hole Institution of Oceanography Technical Report 2007-02: 189-203.